Seven golden rules for logo design
Before you design a good logo,
learn about the seven most important
principles that make it attractive and effective.
1) What characterizes a good logo the most is the element of sudden impact. The logo should catch the eye and attract attention. Remember the logo of the computer giant Apple – a bitten apple. A small detail made the brand recognizable.
2) A good logo just has to be pretty and aesthetic. These are viewed with pleasure, not forced attention. Therefore, artistic skills are essential in this case.
3) We sometimes forget about it, but the logo should be legible and clearly visible not only on the website, but also on company stationery, business cards, advertising brochures, posters and billboards. Design your logo so that you can recognize it on a piece of paper and on a promotional pen. Logo design requires some thought, and that is important.
4) It must bring positive associations to mind. This applies to shapes and, above all, the colors used. Thanks to a simple procedure, the entire company or project will evoke positive associations.
5) The theme of the logo is also important. If a company is engaged in serious activities, this should also be its logo. For a law firm, you will not draw a clown.
6) Rememberability is one of the most important features of a good logo. And although it is influenced by many factors, it is worth putting yourself in the role of a consumer. Just look at the signs of the world’s most popular brands, such as McDonalds, Apple or Mercedes, to see that the simpler the logo, the easier it is to remember.
7) The logo identifies the brand in the mind of the recipient, so it is not worth making frequent changes. The money spent and time devoted to building a good image of the company requires reflection. If you want the logo to accompany your company for years, take care of its timelessness at the design stage. Designing a logo is, after all, the most important stage of building a consistent visual identity.
If you want the logo to accompany your company for years, take care of its timelessness at the design stage.
However, you need to pay attention to your own design ambitions. There is nothing worse in designing a logo than being misunderstood by the target customer.
We are happy to know our logo is already in use.
I had the pleasure to meet the Clou Media Agency employees on film and photo projects. They showed themselves as a professional, very warm team, listening to the client’s needs and delivering everything they promise in the highest quality and on time.
I didn’t hesitate the moment I had to choose an agence to design my logo. As always, they provided not only a high-quality design, but also a lot of professional advice.
I am very pleased and recommend this agency.