An e-marketing strategy
An e-marketing strategy step by step. How to advertise Web-Based Training on the Internet?
In recent days, we have been observing the growing interest of blog readers in our online marketing and marketing strategy. For this reason, we have prepared a few tips for people who do not have a high budget but have different resources as their time of intentions.
In this article, I will focus on online e-marketing strategy, or e-marketing strategy, because people selling e-learning courses usually operate on the Internet.
An e-marketing strategy may be an element of the company’s strategy, and so until recently everyone has considered it, but it may well be the entire strategy depending on the type of company. If the company operates only on the Internet or offers typically electronic products, it can limit itself only to the Internet.
OK, but what is this e-marketing strategy?
A marketing strategy is a process that aims to promote a given product or service and create a lasting advantage over the competition.
At this stage, remember that the marketing strategy is simply a guide that has help in planning, prioritizing and implementing projects so that they bring profits for the company. In other words, it’s nothing but a plan of action and a way to do everyday work on endless current matters. An action plan that helps to keep the course on the most important issues from the perspective of your business development.
Why is the e- marketing strategy important?
We have the end of February, do you still remember your New Year’s goals? Awww, I’m sorry, I just reminded you that you had some and you are slowly forgetting about them.
Similarly is the marketing strategy. Often people have an idea for marketing, but they do not introduce it at all, because without a clear plan and prepared subsequent activities it is difficult to implement it.
Everyday duties that everyone has to run their business push our marketing activities to the back.
Remember that even the simplest plan is better than the lack of a plan.
What’s the marketing strategy?
In a few words and in the simplest terms, the strategy should contain priorities, ie the goals we want to achieve and the way to reach them.
At the beginning, we must consider the main marketing goal. You have to concentrate on one, two goals, not to dissipate your strength and time for many actions.
1. Marketing goals.
One of the main elements of the marketing strategy. To know where to go, think about where you want to go.
If you do not set goals, then all decisions, plans, will be meaningless. Because of marketing goals, the company knows where the individual strategies are aimed at, what effects they should bring, and whether they have been implemented.
As Kotler wrote (marketing master): Marketing goals are used to achieve financial goals. For example, if an enterprise sets itself a financial goal to make a profit in a fixed amount, then it must set itself the marketing goal of achieving sales that will generate such a profit.
• determine the main course of action
• they are convergent with the company’s goals / business goals
• they are specific, measurable, realistic and limited in time
So to set marketing goals, let’s think about our business goals. It is on their basis that we set the main directions of action in our marketing plan. One of the most common business goals are e.g.
General marketing goals are planned for implementation in the near future and include, among others:
• increasing the share of a given company in the market,
• increase in turnover or profits,
• abandoning the current market and entering new markets (with new technology or a new product line),
• improvement of the company’s image thanks to advertising and promotion,
• developing a new pricing strategy,
• changing distribution channels.
General objectives should be changed to specific objectives that require numbers and timeframes.
At this stage, think about what your business goals are? Remember that there would be no more than 2-3.
Once you have set business goals, think about how you can support their implementation through specific marketing activities. Suppose you are a budding businessman, you sell your knowledge through e-learning courses on your own website. Your biggest goal for the next quarter is to increase the awareness of your brand among potential customers.
In this case, supporting marketing activities can be:
• increasing traffic on the website,
• gaining new observers in social media,
• developing the e-mail list,
• improvement of the conversion rate,
• increase in the number of clicks on paid ads,
• writing good arykulow on courses with courses (SEO, Key words)
• an appearance in expert articles in industry press, portals, or blogs,
• presenting your business at trade fairs,
Do you have marketing goals yet? If you do not think what steps you have to take to achieve your goals. Do you know what you have to do? Do not forget that the idea itself must be embedded in time. That’s when you start and when it’s the end of action, and what has to happen at that time.
Do not forget that the goals should be:
• specific and measurable, expressed in terms of value or quantity;
• described by the results to be achieved;
• realistic, but at the same time a challenge for plan contractors;
• hierarchically ordered, taking into account the order of implementation;
• take into account the date on which the goal is to be achieved.
Achieve a turnover of ……… .., which is ……… .. the percentage increase compared to last year.
Achieve sales ……… .. Web Based Training.
Conducting a promotional campaign aimed at creating the company’s image as a company focused on ……… ..
Increase the inflow of orders by ……… ..% for the next ……… .. years.
Realize the possibility of selling our products through ……… .. at least ……… .. Eastern European countries.
Expansion of distribution channels from ……… .. to ……… .. wholesalers throughout the country.
Increase in market share from ……… ..% to ……… ..%.
The development of customer loyalty towards the brand through ……… ..
Deepen the brand’s brand awareness with ……… ..% to ……… ..% in the period of ……… .. years.
Increase in the number of joins to the affiliate program by ……… ..% compared to last year.
At this point, the point is to take a look at our current marketing activities and check at the planning stage where the gaps are hidden that we can use wisely.
Marketing strategy – analysis (auxiliary questions)
– unique distinguishing features?
– resources (people + time)
– Your “audience” (eg engaged fans in social media?)
– what improvements can we make?
– What is not going so well now?
– what technological limitations can prevent us from achieving our goal?
– what content does our competition not publish?
– what values does the competition not communicate?
– what new trends can we use?
– what can we do to get better results / optimize work?
– what market conditions (or public moods) can prevent us from achieving our marketing goal?
– what actions do we have in common with the competition?
– What is our competition doing better than us?
3. Target group
The target group is to simplify your clients, interested in what you offer, which you can attract with your marketing activities.
The target group can not be “everyone”. Your WBT will not be of interest to everyone. Not everyone needs the knowledge you provide, so you already know that marketing activities will not be addressed to everyone.
The starting point for all sales and marketing activities should be the determination of the target group. Thanks to this, the advertising message will not go to a vacuum, but to people who are potentially interested in taking advantage of the offer. Specifying a target in a straight line leads to increased conversions.
How to define a target group?
Your goal is to attract more customers who have similar goals, aspirations, problems and challenges.
Target group (target) are recipients of the offer, product or advertisement who may potentially be interested in them. The geographical criteria (data about the region in which the potential client lives), demographic (information about his age, education, occupation, income), psychographic (about lifestyle, personality, convictions) and behavioral (using how it buys, what marketing activities it is susceptible to).
Entrepreneurs often fear targeting because they think they will limit them. Focusing on the target group does not mean closing to other customers. Anyone who visits your store can finally present an interesting offer. However, the main source of profits will be the target recipients – the ones most interested in your offer, and therefore prone to advertising and willing to buy.
Therefore, the group of potential recipients should be analyzed also in terms of psychographic criteria (lifestyle, personality and beliefs) and behavioral criteria, i.e. how customers make purchases. Where to get information of this type?
The internet comes with help: thematic forums, social networking sites, websites with opinions and reviews, and analysis of competition activities. In the case of e-commerce the matter is simpler – you can use all kinds of statistics that show at what point in the shopping process customers have resigned from buying a product or finalizing a transaction. By analyzing these criteria, you will learn what your potential clients need and what problems they face, and then provide them with the right offer – tailored to their expectations.
3. Marketing communication channels.
• Social media
• Online video
• Google Ads
• Facebook Ads / SM ads
• QR codes
A lot of this, and only talk about internet marketing. If we have so many e-marketing channels, do you choose all?
No! To exist everywhere and in addition at a high level, you would need a lot of specialized people and it costs you. Each channel has its own specificity, which means it is not always good for your campaign. It may turn out that your client is not there, so there is no need to advertise in it.
It’s better to communicate in a few selected channels, but do it really well. If I would like to advise you on something “fast”:
• Think about where your potential customers are – and develop your business there. They love Instagram, and your product is made for the sweet, perfect world of Insta? Focus on developing your profile and communication right there!
• Think about which channels are the most intuitive for you – You’re good at graphics, focus on inforgraphy, are you good at the camera? Row of webs and webinars. Your channels will be Facebook, YT. Or maybe the camera is not your glory, but you are a good speaker, then the best solution will be podcasts. And if you fall on all of these fields, start writing a blog. And build your brand there. Show yourself as a specialist in the field, which you prepare WBT.
I assume you are starting and you do not have a separate marketign department, so focus on firstly mastering 1-2 channels, develop them and then start working on the next ones.
• Are you a local business? Act locally. Prepare texts with local SEO.
Whether a given channel will be effective depends on many factors and the only advice is to implement, test, check, analyze and … just over and over again.
The fact is, however, that there are some marketing communication channels that are slightly more beneficial to our business than others.
Instagram will be beneficial for you if you have something to show, easily support photos and videos and you are counting on a dynamic young customer. Facebook gives more options, but its flaw is also spotted.
Remember to never allow a situation where all your advertising and communication with the customer is based on one channel. Instagram, Facebook, youtube, Twitter can block your account. Have a place that is not based on another company, i.e. Blog, an Internet site with a newsletter.
Regardless of the algorithm changes on Facebook, the content will be on your site. Everyone who enters there will find your offer, contact, etc. Similarly with the e-mail base – skillfully built and engaged via newsletters, the public can “pay back” sometimes a very satisfactory conversion.
Other channels that should be looked at and developed are:
• SEO / visibility in search engines
• social media
• video / YouTube
In the case of these marketing communication channels, it is relatively easy to measure the effects of their effectiveness. They also offer easy access to analytics and are quite “comprehensive” – you can communicate on them a variety of information
The marketing strategy should define the goal of each action taken, as well as determine the method of their evaluation. In most companies, marketing is based on a series of trial and error and nothing strange. After all, these are creative and even experimental activities that are not always based on common schemes. Nevertheless, one should try to create mechanisms for assessing the effects within the organization. Certainly, we will not be able to verify some of the activities numerically or comprehensively, but perhaps we will be able to estimate their effect intuitively.
KPI – Key performance indicators
In each marketing strategy, next to the planned activities, there should be goals and methods to verify the degree of their implementation. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are financial and non-financial measures used
in order to measure the effectiveness of the degree of implementation of activities undertaken in the organization, in this case marketing activities. Each company, depending on the adopted goals, should choose individual indicators.
KPI – what to choose?
First of all, think about which indicators are crucial for your business at the moment (use the slip, in which you wrote out your most important business and marketing goals). Also, keep in mind that these indicators will change as your business grows.
KPIs differ not only depending on the priorities of a given business, but also from the company’s development stage, for example. While indicators such as page views, observers / fans in social media, subscribers subscribed to the newsletter or increased brand awareness may be important for the beginning of business, important leis may be generated leads, conversion or income for more mature businesses.
KPI – website
– new visits (rate of new visitors),
– return visits
– average time spent on the website (average time on site)
– bounce rate – page bounce rate (immediate closures) informs about its main aspects – layout, layout – and the effect of the “first impression”. If it’s high, you should take steps to optimize your site,
– sources of traffic (traffic source) – verification whether customers visit our site as a result of entering a URL, clicks on AdWords, or maybe entries from the level of blogs or social media channels.
KPI – social media
– number of published content,
– number of likes, shares and comments,
– increase in the number of followers,
– conversion rate – what part of the recipients performs specific activities (eg subscription to the newsletter, use of a free e-book) after a given campaign,
– memories about the brand in social media,
– cost per lead for paid ads.
KPI – content marketing
– number of unique users (unique vistors),
– percentage of returning users,
– conversions for CTA (call to action) contained in the content,
– number of downloaded coupons, e-books, etc., and in effect the number of leads generated in this way,
– time spent on a given subpage,
– number of comments,
– sharing content on social media,
– number of newsletter subscriptions.
Of course, for the optimization of work, it is not required to operate all indicators. Such monitoring of the effects would be too time-consuming and less transparent. Therefore, for the correct assessment of activities, KEY performance indicators should be selected, ie those that best reflect the effect of the measures taken depending on the adopted objectives.
In the world of e-marketing, monitoring the effects of actions taken on the Internet is much simpler. Mainly thanks to analytical tools, some of which are completely free. Below we present a list of several different programs that can be useful in everyday work of every company.
1. Google Analytics – it is a completely free tool for analyzing web statistics, through which you can learn everything about traffic on your website or blog. Its installation takes place in a few steps on the tool’s website. All you need to do is register, go through the wizard, accept the regulations, and generate the tracking code responsible for tracking traffic on subpages of your website or blog. From now on, you can check the number of visits on a given day, sources of visits to the website, bounce rate. By properly managing knowledge about the involvement of users, you can also optimize your website and marketing activities.
2. Google AdWords – using AdWords allows you to track the effectiveness of advertising campaigns and keywords on the web, which allows you to regularly optimize your account’s performance. It also informs about the click-through rate (CTR – click through rate), which means the ratio between the number of clicks on the ad and the number of impressions. AdWords analytics is a free add-on for everyone using this tool’s account.
3. Bit.ly – a tool for shortening hyperlinks, which analyzes the number of clicks on a link. With its help, we receive in-depth analytics about the sources of entry into the link through various channels of distribution (e-mail, facebook, twitter, blog, etc.), provided each of these channels is marked with a different shortcut of the same link. Bitly Enterprise offers a free account.
4. Brand24 – a tool for monitoring network and social media. It allows you to follow the memories on the Internet about the brand, name, competition or even any customizable combinations of words (eg “repairing a car in München”), which allows immediate response to appearing in the network opinions about the company, users’ demand, and a quick response from the company can increase its authority or even help in acquiring a new client. Brand24 offers a free trial account for a period of 14 days, through which you can test the functionality of the tool for the needs of the organization.
5. Freshmail – a tool for automatic mailing and sending newsletters. Includes editable templates, autoresponders, automatic A / B tests, free spam tests, personalizing elements and most importantly insight into statistics on the number of e-mails, bounces, number of clicks, etc. This is especially useful for bloggers and newsletters. This tool is free if you send no more than 2 thousand. messages up to 500 recipients per month.
6. Tidiochat – a tool in the form of a chat widget on the website, thanks to which customers visiting the site can ask an immediate question to the employee who works for the law firm employee. An account on the company’s website is free if only one conversation is handled at a particular moment. It allows the analytics of news and website traffic in real time and is compatible with a whole range of analytical programs.
7. Prowly – a tool for servicing the Public Relations campaign, which allows you to create a dedicated so-called brand journala, acting as a press office that can be integrated with social media channels of the brand. This is recommended especially for larger companies that publish a large amount of content in the media, because it facilitates contact with journalists and organizes publications. The tool also allows you to study the effectiveness of submitted PR materials.
An e-marketing strategy step by step. How to advertise WBT?
6. Action plan
As I mentioned in the introduction to this article, each marketing strategy is really priorities for a specific time period, and a plan for their implementation – that is, an action plan. Here you have to start just by thinking:
▪ What marketing activities will help you achieve your marketing goals?
▪ Which marketing activities are related to your KPIs?
To help you do a bit of work, I have prepared examples of activities for my blog. Let’s assume that in the case of Geek Cat, the answers to the above questions are:
▪ increase of brand awareness in social media
▪ strengthening the SEO position of the website
▪ building the image of a specialist (personal branding)
What do I have to do to make this happen?
See how specific actions are broken down below for actions – steps to help me achieve them.
# 1 increase in brand awareness in social media
▪ regular publications (5x a week)
▪ various content (photos, links, quizzes, questions to followers)
# 2 to strengthen the SEO position of the site
▪ improving the existing articles on the blog in terms of SEO
▪ regular publication of new articles, thematically related to the main thematic axis of the blog, i.e. internet marketing)
# 3 building the image of a specialist (personal branding)
▪ expert articles on the blog
▪ guest expert articles on other blogs / industry websites
▪ participation in industry conferences, workshops
g strategy step by step. How to advertise WBT?
How will I do it?
Once you have determined what needs to be done to achieve the goal (ie what specific tasks you must do), we move on to the next stage, ie how to do it?
Consider whether you can do the planned activities on your own, or if you need help from outside. Maybe graphics, copywriter, social media specialist, SEO specialist, programmer?
How much does it cost?
Think about it and count how many of these activities will it cost? Preparation of graphics, texts, SEO optimization, participation in conferences, distribution of content on the Internet (Facebook Ads, paid plugins for SEO)? Or maybe you need additional correction or training? Count all expenses!
How long will it take?
How long does it take to prepare all these elements? How much time does a graphic designer need, an SEO specialist, etc.? Remember that everyone also has deadlines with deadlines, unforeseen events and any other matters that may affect delays in the project!
Write down, analyze it and plan it! And the most important – start working! Because even the best plan can not do anything if it stays only on paper and does not move to real action!
Thank you! This helps me a lot! As I’m new in Marketing industries, this will help me throughout my journey not only for work but in my future as well, I’ll try to apply this method and get back to you sooner! Although it requires a lot of effort, planning is really a big help and the ideas you’ve shared is really helpful.
pretty cool article, great job, thx
This is a excellent blog, would you be involved in doing an interview about just how you designed it? If so e-mail me!
We were very pleased that you found our blog interesting. Of course, with great pleasure we will talk about how we make our blog.
Very helpful article. Thank you!
Absolutely stunning article. THX
Amazing!!! I love it.
I’m often to running a blog and i really recognize your content. The article has actually peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your website and hold checking for new information.
obviously like your web site however you have to check the spelling on several of your posts. Several of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform the truth on the other hand I will surely come back again.
Thank you for the information, of course we will work on it.
Some genuinely nice and useful information on this internet site, besides I conceive the layout holds superb features.
Thanks for informative website.
I found exactly what
so much wonderful info
Magnificent site. Lots of useful info here. And naturally, thanks to your sweat!
Aw, this was a really nice post.
obviously like your web site, I will surely come back again.
nice article, I learn a lot. I think I will check rest info about marketing.
Thanks for this post, I am a big fan of this internet site would like to go on updated.
Nice weblog right here! Additionally your web site loads up fast! I want my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol
Magnificent beat !
Good day very nice blog!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I’ll bookmark your site and take the feeds also I’m happy to search out a lot of useful info here, we want work out extra strategies in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .
Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My website discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!
Thx for feedback, Anna Kita is already writing to you.
I’m still learning from you, while I’m trying to reach my goals. I absolutely enjoy reading all that is posted on your blog.Keep the posts coming. I loved it!
Great blog! I am loving it!! Will come back again. I am bookmarking your feeds also.
You have noted very interesting points! ps decent web site.
Good article , thanks and we want extra! Added to my web as nicely
Thanks for helping out, excellent information.
I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. This sort of clever work and coverage! Keep up the wonderful works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to our blogroll.
Thanks for some other informative blog. Where else may I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect way
I would like to read more articles like this about strategy. thx
Hi , I do believe this is an excellent blog. I stumbled upon it on Yahoo , i will come back.
I like this website very much, Its a really nice spot to read and get info about strategy.
Very good written post. It will be beneficial to anyone who utilizes it, as well as me. Keep doing what you are doing – i will definitely read more posts.